Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How To Love The Most Important Person In Your Life……

I’m sure you’re thinking of a loved one after reading the title, but the truth is the most important person in your life is you. To love yourself means to accept yourself for who you are, respecting yourself. If you do not love yourself you are unable to truly love another. I am no Guru, and you may be wondering where is this coming from. Well this topic tracks back to a friend giving me inspirational advice considering my current situation. She said, “If you believe it in your mind then it is true.” I could elaborate on my situation but I believe that this would be true in any case.

Most of our stressors stem from negative thoughts. For example, if you believe that you don’t deserve better, things will remain the same. Not only does this state of thinking effect you physically and mentally, it also affects everyone around you because you project it. Sounds depressing. What should we do to get out of this grunt? Initially a friend may state, “Believe that you can and you will,” but the answer is usually more complex than that. We should question our thoughts, why do we feel or think this way? None of us are perfect and we’ve all questioned ourselves at some point or another. How long you remain in this state is up to you.

If you find yourself to be in this state of thinking longer than you’d like I have a suggestion that may work for you. I found a professional that can help, Byron Katie she teaches a method of self inquiry through books, audio tapes, and a website named thework.com. This website does not provide advice, or attempt to substitute positive for negative. All you need is a willingness to answer the questions that bring to light the root of your thought process. Good luck, I hope it helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment